Scotland is one of Europe’s leading locations for the development of stem cell applications. Long term government commitment to the sector and significant investments from industry and Scottish Enterprise have resulted in Scotland becoming home to one of Europe’s largest and most highly regarded stem cell research hubs.
Scotland has an impressive track record throughout the cell therapy development, across all cell therapies: From cutting edge academic research, through GMP manufacture, leading clinical trials, and cell therapies established in the clinic. Scotland is also creating pioneering stem cell drug development tools.
We have established a proven track record in supporting and implementing cell therapy clinical trials and Scotland is now delivering numbers of cutting edge cell therapies in routine clinical practice.
We have a vibrant commercial landscape across the supply chain with highly specialised technologies and services to support stem cell technology development and activities. Over 30 companies that provide unique solutions across the whole supply chain including cell line supplies, screening, characterization, GMP manufacturing, QA/QC and a range of enabling technologies and supporting services.
Regenerative medicine – key facts
- One of Europe’s largest and most highly regarded stem cell research hubs at the Scottish Centre for Regenerative Medicine.
- Proven track record in supporting and implementing cell therapy clinical trials.
- World class MHRA-accredited GMP ATMP manufacturing facilities.
- Research-grade iPS cell manufacturing.
- Single national database of 5.3 million patient records enabling rapid clinical trial recruitment.
- Single point of access to clinical and research expertise, with fast and efficient identification and coordination of multi-centre clinical research.
- Cost effective logistic solutions to at least 27 major European cities within 24 hours.
- Growing commercial landscape across the regenerative medicine supply chain.
- Excellent availability of a technically trained workforce for regenerative medicine.