Scotland’s digital healthcare industry has a worldwide reputation for innovation and investment, with advanced capabilities across all aspects of digital health, pulling strength from our informatics and creative industry sectors.
Scotland provides a rich platform for academic excellence in digital health and care and we can offer a perfect test bed environment for healthcare companies, thanks to our diverse urban, rural and remote locations.
We also have the world-renowned National Health Service (NHS). Scotland as a single healthcare provider. They provide access to patients and medical professionals, creating an extensive test and evaluation environment. Outstanding level of collaboration between industry , universities, NHS and Government, creates an open-innovation environment, with collaborations and clinical trials managed by NRS Scotland.
Digital Healthcare – key facts
- Scotland’s research and innovation centres in digital health and care are pioneering efforts in telehealth and telecare.
- Scotland has a stable population with high levels of morbidity in key disease areas.
- Scotland has comprehensive medical information and e-health patient records.
- Scotland’s single healthcare provider (NHS Scotland) actively engages with industry to develop digital health solutions and offers remote health and care services.
- Scotland has 60 companies actively involved in digital healthcare.
- Strong government support for digital health.
- A perfect test bed environment for healthcare companies, thanks to our diverse urban, rural and remote locations.