BIO 2023: Major International Pharma and Biotech Business Partnering, Exhibition and Conference
Date and Time
5th Jun 2023 | 00:00 - 9th Jun 2023 | 17:00
Boston Convention Center, 415 Summer Street,
This note is to inform you of the support available through Scottish Enterprise (SE) and Scottish Development International (SDI) at BIO 2023. As the format of BIO changes each year, and especially during these times, I advise you to access the website for full details of what’s on offer and the options available to you: www.convention.bio.org.
This year, consistent with the wider UK approach, we are back to an in-person event, and will be hosting a small area on the UK Pavilion at BIO.
SDI is offering two packages for BIO 2023. Both are based around access to a ‘Full Partnering Pass’ or ‘Premier Access’ as it is now known :
- First time BIO attendees: A contribution of $1500 towards a Premier Access pass. The full cost of a Premier Access pass is $3200 therefore this is a considerable saving. Please note this is the EARLY BIRD price and you need to register through the BIO website before 16th March.
- All other eligible companies: A contribution of $1000 towards a Premier Access pass, again a significant saving.
*Please note our offer is limited to the purchase of ONE pass only per organisation.
SDI will provide the contribution on receipt of a completed evaluation form and an invoice (see details below).
As ‘Scotland has only a small space on the UK Pavilion, we are unable to provide free exhibitor passes into the Exhibition Hall. These cost $550 each and can be purchased directly from BIO.
Process and feedback:
It is important that we collect and evaluate outcomes from BIO. In these times more than ever, we require feedback that can be analysed to ensure the event continues to be value for money in terms of individual company outcomes and assists in our efforts to promote the Scottish ecosystem to a Global audience. Therefore, the process for claiming support will be as follows:
- Eligible companies will purchase the Premier Access Pass directly through the Registration Page on the BIO website
Following participation at the event, companies approved as part of the delegation will invoice SDI for the agreed contribution.
- To enable the contribution to be made, companies must complete an evaluation form as fully as possible, both immediately after the event and again at six months, as we appreciate outcomes will take time to percolate through
- Please note you cannot apply retrospectively if you have already purchased a Premier Access Pass.
Please contact your SDI Trade Advisor or Connie Ness (Connie.Ness@scotent.co.uk) if you need further information or to discuss available discounts.
Additional to SDI’s offer:
A targeted guest list for Malt Whisky/Drinks Reception – Please SAVE THE DATE in your schedule for Tuesday June 6th at 7.00pm. Further details we will be provided in due course.
We are in discussion with the Department of International Trade (DIT) and others on the potential to host a Breakfast event with speaking opportunities. We will keep you informed as discussions progress.
BIO has listed its preferred hotel partners on the website. We encourage you to look at options as soon as possible and access: Hotels & Housing – BIO International Convention | BIO
How to register interest with SDI:
If you wish to participate in the BIO 2023 event and take advantage of the SDI benefits outlined above, please complete this application form attached to this note below, and return it by e-mail to Connie Ness (Connie.Ness@scotent.co.uk) as soon as possible and no later than 14th March (for the opportunity to register by Early Bird date of 16th).
As always, we look forward to working with you on this important event.