GlobalSeaweedStar Travel Fund
A £200,000 grant scheme just launched will help seaweed researchers and industry work together to ensure sustainable growth in the industry.
Guidelines for the GS-STAR Travel Grants
The GS-STAR Travel Grants will provide funding of up to a maximum of £2k each (approx. USD 2600; May 2018) to applicants from the UK and DAC-list countries. These grants will be awarded quarterly between July 2018 – July 2021 (subject to availability of funds) and will provide funding for travel and subsistence for the following activities:
- Attendance at national and international seaweed-related scientific conferences;
- Attendance at GCRF GS-STAR Sharing Best Practice events and special sessions/ mini-symposia at international conferences;
- Researchers or practitioners based either in DAC List countries travelling to the UK or in the UK travelling to DAC List countries for the development of seaweed-related research and innovation collaborations;
- Any other capacity-building activities that would be broadly aimed at increasing the sustainability of seaweed cultivation in DAC-listed countries, especially along the priority areas identified in the UNU-INWEH/ SAMS Policy Brief
Applicants must be:
- Professionals (either academics or practitioners) or registered postgraduate students based in the UK or DAC List countries.
- Actively involved in, or planning to enter, a seaweed-related professional activity (i.e. biological, ecological or socio-economic), which is related to the objectives of the GCRF GlobalSeaweedSTAR Programme and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
To read more about this, click here.