ecoPack, the alternative to avoidable plastic packaging
ecoPack was initially developed with the core objective of providing the flexible packaging industry with a sustainable, recyclable paper packaging alternative to avoidable plastic packaging.
ecoPack is made from FSC® certified paper, which means the paper has been sourced through the responsible management of forests and verifies the use of recycled materials. ecoPack includes a one-side coated heat seal and moisture barrier, allowing brands to benefit from low levels of oxygen permeation whilst preserving moisture in the packaging.
The base paper is compliant with TÜV AUSTRIA Home composting standards. As this is a paper-based packaging material, after use, ecoPack can be placed in the paper recycling bin and be recycled and reused – reducing landfill and CO2 emissions.
The packaging structure also provides excellent machinability, including low sealing temperatures at 80 degrees, reducing the energy required to convert the material. This is also hugely beneficial in enabling converters to reduce energy costs and CO2 emissions during the converting process.
This packaging material offers various key benefits, including:
- Fully recyclable through the paper stream, simply remove content(s) & place it in your paper recycling bin
- Excellent oxygen & water barrier properties – helping to preserve and protect the items contained in the packaging
- High grease resistance – perfect for packaging nuts and raisins
- Complies for (EU) No. 10/2011 requirements
- Offers incredible printability using Xeikon, HP Indigo & UX Flexo technologies
- Certified by ISEGA and may be used safely or food packaging
For more information on Smith & McLaurin, visit www.smcl.co.uk
This technology supports Stage 4 (Product Finish & Packing) of the Green Value Chain.
*For full view of the Green Value Chain, please click here.