Medicines and Dementia Open Innovation Challenge – Closing date for applications – 11am on Wednesday 24th of May 2023
Medicines and Dementia Open Innovation Challenge
The Scottish Health Industry Partnership (SHIP), part of the Scottish Government Chief Scientist Office (CSO) is funding a Medicines and Dementia Open Innovation Challenge. The challenge is now open for applications from this link until 11am on Wednesday 24th of May 2023.
- The aim of this competition is to provide an opportunity for organisations working in partnership with NHS Scotland, to develop disruptive innovative solutions. These solutions will focus on medicines and developing innovative new tools for use in clinical practice supporting people at risk of dementia to manage their medications.
- Project can focus on one or more of the following:
1) identification of people utilising clinical risk factors for example cardiovascular risk factors, family history, diabetes or hypertension.
2) adherence to medicines for conditions identified as being linked to development of dementia such as delirium, confusion and other risk factors that may be highlighted by the applicants which will require supporting evidence.
- Applicants can apply for a share of a total challenge fund of £240,000.
- A briefing event to provide further background and an opportunity for applicants to ask questions will take place on 10 March at 12.30. Please register at SBRI Dementia and Medicine Open Innovation Challenge (shsc.scot)
- Further information on the competition is available here Medicines and Dementia Small Business Research Initiative (SBRI) – Scotland Innovates (innovator.scot)
- If you have any questions about the challenge scope or requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org