Networks, Connections and Business Environment
As well as being one of the largest, Scotland is recognised as one of the most accessible, well-connected and collaborative Life Sciences clusters in Europe. With a compact geography, engaged and connected industry leaders and strong and active support from the Scottish Government, Scotland can quickly respond to business needs and global opportunities.
Life science companies operating in Scotland benefit from a wealth of support for business growth.
Scotland’s two enterprise agencies, Scottish Enterprise and Highlands and Islands Enterprise, provide dedicated strategic and financial support and facilitate introduction to other specialist teams, including the Scottish Manufacturing Advisory Service.
Scottish Development international has over 40 offices across the world to assist Scottish businesses to target new markets.
Scotland has a network of business incubators and science parks providing the ideal environment for growth, and has been demonstrated to be one of the most cost effective manufacturing locations in Europe.
CONNECTED TO THE WORLD
- 6 airports connecting Europe, Middle East and North America
- Fast and frequent rail links to all parts of the UK
- Ferry ports and 2 container ports connect to mainland Europe
- Scotland’s logistics services provide temperature controlled GxP complaint, door to door delivery. From the central belt, you can reach:
- All 4 major university hospitals within 3 hours
- At least 6 UK major cities with key Cell Therapy Centres within 8 hours
- At least 41 major cities in Europe within 24 hours
- Logistic companies offer specialised services to North America, Asia, Far East and Africa.